Is tithing a biblical practice? Is tithing a practice of the apostolic church? Should we practice tithing today? Some teachers suggest that tithing is a practice that was limited to the Old Testament and was not a practice of the New Testament church. Others insist that the tithe is required.
I recently read a blog that posed the question “What if Your Church Marketed Like Starbucks?”
- Churches Would Have Stellar Signage
- Churches Would Not Use Confusing Language
- Churches Would Be Known More for What They Are For than What They Are Against
- Churches Would Create Guest Experiences that Make People Feel Welcome
- Churches Would Communicate Consistently Across Multiple Channels
- Churches Would Operate Missionally by Serving First Rather than Being Served
Full disclosure demands that I confess that I am an avid and loyal customer of Starbucks. Even as I can appreciate their marketing strategy, and affirm the intent of the blog, I would like to offer a more discerning reflection (I hope).